Airports Authority of India Issues New Quarantine Guidelines For Travel To Goa
The Airport Authority of India issued a fresh set of quarantine guidelines for people traveling to Goa. According to the mandate, all travelers arriving in Goa are required to undergo 14 days of home quarantine or 14 days of paid institutional quarantine. Institutional quarantine is mandatory for all symptomatic patients until a test can prove otherwise
AAI also laid out exemptions for travelers from home quarantine in the
- If a traveller can furbish a COVID-19 Negative Certificate which has been issued by an ICMR recognized lab. The test should not be older than 48 hours prior to arrival in Goa
- If a traveller agrees to get a swab test done on arrival (Cost: INR 2000) and agrees to remain in paid institutional or home quarantine till the results of the test are available.
The Airport Authority of India also directed a list of guidelines for tourists traveling to Goa to follow
- Pre-booking of accommodation, only hotels and homestays registered with the department of tourism is mandatory. Proof of Pre-booking of entire stay at the point of entry will be checked.
- All travelers to undergo basic screening at the point of entry.Any tourist exhibiting sickness or COVID-19 related symptoms upon arrival will be subjected to a COVID 19 test at designated testing centers/hospitals at the tourist’s cost.
- The Authorities will check (a) if the booking was made with any registered accommodation unit with department of tourism and is permitted to operate and (b) validity of booking for entire duration of stay.
All tourists visiting Goa will also be subjected to the following safety protocols
- In case the tourist is carrying a COVID 19 Negative Certificate, they will be allowed to move to booked accommodations. – In case a tourist is not carrying a valid COVID 19 Negative Certificate, then he/she will be directed to undergo testing for COVID 19 at designated testing centers/hospitals.
- Thereafter, they will have to go into self-isolation till the results are received. The isolation facilities will be provided by the accommodation units themselves, where the tourist made a pre-booking. Once results are received, only and if found COVID 19 Negative, the tourist shall be allowed to travel outside the isolation facility.
- In case any tourist is found COVID 19 positive, the accommodation unit will act as per the extant protocol issued by the state health department. All costs for COVID 19 test including the stay at the isolation /quarantine facilities shall be borne by the tourists themselves.
- If the tourist intends to change their original booking during their period of stay in Goa. Such changes are allowed only with permitted accommodation units by department of tourism. The tourist needs to show the proof of re-booking, if any, to the Rapid Response leader of the accommodation unit before they can shift from original accommodation.
- Tourist shall be required to fill out a self declaration form in the format provided at the accommodation unit for the purpose of contact tracing ( if necessary ).
- Passengers will have to certify the status of their health through the Aarogya Setu mobile app or a self-declaration form.